Chrome powder coatings. Or mirror ?

Liftbite56

Is there anyone here found a powder coat that shines like a mirror or chrome? Would love to find something that Brilliant ! Thanks LB

toadfrog

The best chrome powder is found from automotive suppliers . But the color choices are minimal .

Lost Pole

I have a bonded chrome and bonded black chrome that I get from an auto guy that's pretty but it's nowhere near reflective and dulls even more with a clear over it.

ugybudu4.jpg

Shoemoo

Liftbite56 said:
Is there anyone here found a powder coat that shines like a mirror or chrome? Would love to find something that Brilliant ! Thanks LB

So would everyone else, especially in the automotive industry. You're not going to get a true mirror finish from any paint. Chrome powder paint will reflect light sources, but looks more like brushed aluminum. Electroplating and vacuum metalizing are the only way.

Liftbite56

Well it was worth the try! I've only been on here a short time already I thank you all for the help. One of the members on the jig picture section gave a link to a company . I'll need to go back and research ! Thanks everyone!

Pepop

This is the best I've found, purchased from TJ's but it's still basically a super bright silver.
UltimateChrome_zpsa815738c.jpg
CrappieHappy, that's pretty nice. You still lookin fer that source?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with LedHed that fresh poured jigs are nice and bright silver, but not a 'mirror' finish. Have been using the mica in with clear... it seals the head to keep the shine but also adds the pearl'ish effect from the mica.

Can get an even brighter finish from jigs poured with tin. Tin jigs also keep a nice shine and can be colored if you lightly coat them with a candy/transparent color. Has to be very thin/light coat or you loose the shine.

LedHed said:
You can clear coat your jig right after pouring.....

All that said - CrappieHappy's looks OUTSTANDING! Too bad you can't get more.

Liftbite56

Pepop said:
This is the best I've found, purchased from TJ's but it's still basically a super bright silver.
UltimateChrome_zpsa815738c.jpg
CrappieHappy, that's pretty nice. You still lookin fer that source?

Can you provide a link to tj's that will work way shinier than what I have. Pro teck. Silver

Back