Chenille-bodied Minnow Heads

Pup

rhchenille005.jpg

Materials:
  • Arkie Minnow Head Jig - 1/16-ounce with #4 hook.
  • Lion Suede #5 in scarlet, seacrest, and ebony colors.
  • UTC Ultra Thread in red and black - 140 denier.
  • Marabou/feather in limetreuse, black, and gray.
  • Flash in red and gold.
  • White and black acrylic paint for eyes and base coat.
  • Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Nail Polish - cardinal.
  • Two-part epoxy for top coat.

ScottV

Looking good! I need to try the nail polish thing on my jigheads. Love the look. Is it as durable as powder paint? I'll get my wife to pick me some up. Scared somebody I know will see me. Not as bad as buying tampons i guess. LOL Good work. Scott

Pup

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

ScottV said:
Looking good! I need to try the nail polish thing on my jigheads. Love the look. Is it as durable as powder paint? I'll get my wife to pick me some up. Scared somebody I know will see me. Not as bad as buying tampons i guess. LOL Good work. Scott

Nail polish isn't very durable. However, epoxy is. Currently, I use an automotive epoxy to protect the paint. It seems to work pretty well for me.

It's funny. Nowadays, I have absolutely no fear of purchasing beauty and cosmetic items through department store checkout lanes thanks to having watched reruns of Seinfeld. ;)

crappiecripplerjigs

Pup #1 is a killer combo on Table Rock Lake here in Missouri. Really good looking colors you have there. Gotta love Seinfeld too. I have every episode on DVD!!!

slipbobber

im like pup lol im in the cosmetic section more now lol......i hate the malls and about 1 time a mth im in hot topic checking out tthe bright colors of polish and even the glo in the dark lol...

Back