Check out this jig fishing article (In-Fisherman)

Uncle Grump

Congrats Sonny - and Russ as well - seeing as Jigcraft got a nice plug.

Please remember us little people when those photgraphers start coming around and those offers to go fishing
with all those muckety mucks start occurring.

UG

Hawnjigs

KISS
JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Good article, don't see any pictures of autos in the article so your hot bait out there is still a secret Sonny.

Can't give it all up. Congrats for the InFisherman recognition, Sonny!

LedHed

Sponsor
Thnx guys very much appreciated from all you. I kept emphasizing JC.com - think he got the hint.
Wasn't really fishing the autos when they did the research for the article. Original article came out in the Panfisherman last year.

StumpHunter

Nice article about Bluegill fishing and hand tied jigs. Thanks for posting it Sonny. I'm a member of BBG also but have not been there for a few months.

Pup

Nice article and mention of you, Led. :cool:

Very flattering and deservedly so. Great plug for JC. :icon14: :icon14:

Bucho

Thats a very good article indeed. I have to admit that until now I was only trying to transfer jig crafting techniques into the local trout and predatory fishing that I know. The article made me realize that what works for panfish in the States will work for our local cypriniformes (is that the right word?) as well. The german language distinguishes sharply between the "peaceful" fish ("Friedfische") and the predatory ones("Raubfische"), but in reality the large specimen will snatch shrimp and fry just like a any other fish. A fishing friend of mine has already taken several specimen roach on a micro boolie I made for him out of curiosety.
Just a few hours ago a met a guy with a brandnew flyrod who said he wanted to fish in a way that requires not more stuff than he can put in his pocket. People don´t want the 30`poles and dozends of pounds of ground bait any more that were used in the 80ties for mass catches. They want a light tackle rod, a handfull of neat looking lures and a fair chance at a few specimen fish - same ones they know from their childhood, just bigger :D.
Deep inside my heart, what could be more fulfilling than a specimen roach or rudd like the ones I caught as a kid - on a lure and ultra light tackle? I just realize I´ve been missing out ;)

Ahh, and I`ll need one of these rodds alright

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool LedHed!!! Got to love seeing your name and story in print.

You have any record fish caught on your jigs yet?

Having the direct link should point a few here..... glad it works! Tried one of the other links and it did NOT go where it was supposed to.

BTW all........ the members make the forum what it is and allow so many answers to be given. :icon14:

LedHed

Sponsor
Thnx again guys

"the members make the forum what it is and allow so many answers to be given." X 2. Think we are doing pretty good Russ.
Lots of talented posters here and the reference material continues to grow. Wish there was a place like this when I began tying!

hookup

Finally had time to read the article - nice & makes me want to start thinking more of panfish that small mouth bass. Well, maybe when I retire ....

He’s found a great panfishing weapon in a custom-made 7-foot spinning rod

Years ago my boss who hired me retired to Utah to chase trout. For a retirement gift, we passed the collection hat and I built him a custom 2-piece St. Croix Avid 7' Ultra light with a set of Fuji Concept Titaneum Silicon carbonite guides. I still get calls from Utah on his love for that rod. His son's local and told his Dad to give him the rod in his will. Glad to read this article and see that blank was a good choice.

huttaroo

WE should also mention the talents and skills of Jim Gronaw, the author.
Jim is a great guy and always ready to help. Now surprise he made honorable mention of Sonny and JC.com - hes like that. Credit where its due. He is an accomplished writer and has many hundreds of articles and pieces to his credit. I've asked him on occasion what its like to be a successful and wealthy writer. He laughs and says he does it for the enjoyment - the only riches he's amassing are stored up in Heaven!

Back