cheap storage

HairyMooseKnuckles

I thought I would share my fly trying storage ideas. I'm always looking for cheap storage. 

This main container came from Michaels. Normally , they are 10 bucks, but you can catch them on sale 3 for 10 or use their weekly coupon for 40 to 50% off. This is a 14" X 14" and it's about 3" deep. It holds 60 of the small containers.

The dollar tree sells the small containers with lids in a package of 10 for a buck. So, for a total of less than 10 bucks, you have a boat load of storage. I store jigs, hooks, dubbing, bead chain, weights, swivels, etc.

I'm even considering making me a cheap tackle box for fishing.

Here I am putting away some jigs that I had poured recently.

As you can see, I have 100 of the 1/16 jig heads in this small container.

The uses of these small containers are endless. You can drill a small hole in the lid and have a nice dubbing container.

Fin and Fur

I'm big fan of condiment cups and salsa cups clear lids, sharpie opaque side or see through lid. But those boxes are pretty sweet might have to go take a look see.

QPassage

Awesome idea. Family Dollar sells the small containers here and I use a lot of them. Mostly to store powder paint and dressed treble hooks. The large clear box is nice that it allows you to see inside.

toadfrog

If you need to store larger amounts or even buck tail pieces ect . The old clear VHS cases come in handy. once in a while you find a pile off them at the flea markets and such .

bucktail

Great idea for keeping jig heads organized...and all other materials ..Thanks for sharing

Back