Cheap krystal flash

JUNGLEJIM1

Definitely a good price. I don't believe it's actually krystal flash, probably a cheap knock off. I bought some a few years back on ebay and it was a lot stiffer than the real deal. Still not bad and I guess it all depends on what you're tying with it. I use a lot of the midge flash, softer and thinner and doesn't interfere with a bait's action.

Shoemoo

I don't think there is an actual 'krystal flash' name brand. Wapsi, Hareline and a bunch of other unrelated companies sell it under that name. It's all made in China anyway.

I've seen krystal flash packaged like the ones in the ebay auction in Sportsman's Warehouse. Same bags and everything, just with their store name printed on a sticker on the white part of the bag so I suspect it's the same source. I have used krystal flash from Hareline and Wapsi. They all look and feel the same to me. Never used midge flash.

If I hadn't just bought a set in a different auction, I'd jump on it. Reviews are positive in the guy's feedback, and for less than a buck a bag, it's worth a shot.

LedHed

Sponsor
Can't go wrong for the price. Very interested in what you come up with Shoemoo - sure you have a pattern in mind...

Radtexan

Looks like a deal Shoe,and thanks for the heads up,just gotta watch the hank size.I bought one a while back,it was still a deal,but every hank is not a hank ;)

Fatman

Must be two packs of each!!! There's only 25 colors there unless you get to pick, the second picture showed a good size pack. Although I didn't like the 2-3 weeks shipping time unless that was for overseas??

Shoemoo

I'm pretty sure the guy selling the 50 packs is selling them in groups of 50 of one color. The title of the auction tells which color it is.

Fatman

Shoe

This is right from his front Page:

Very simply, FTD manufactures its own line of unique fly tying materials right in "The Dungeon" from A to Z. Not only won't you find other fly tying manufacturers products here, you won't find their prices here as well. FTD prices are the BEST anywhere...period!

Back