Chasing Gills & Crappie 9-6-14

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Saturday started off with my two partners up and ready to go early. We got to our favorite hole around 7:00 Am and the fun started. Found the fish still holding in six feet of water and willing to bite and tug a little. No real monsters this time but ended up keeping 33 for the table and freezer. Not a 100 percent of how many was caught but will say everyone stayed busy unhooking fish. Sure do enjoy being out with them every chance we get. Gave the glow mylars a test and the fish said they will work.
001-3.jpg
003-3.jpg

StumpHunter

Awesome trip Tim. Love those smiles as they tell the story of the catch :) We have cool temps today but I had to go spend time with my granddaughter at lunch at her school for grandparents day, These kids grow quick!!!

Kaylee is the one that will be next in line for her own tying kit. I already have her kit and I know she will enjoy tying.

Attachments

• 20140908_124658.jpg
    20140908_124658.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 35

Lost Pole

If it gets any better than being too busy catching fish…… I ain't found that better.
That's a good looking haul from you n the partners. You say in 6'. How deep were they biting? Under a cork? All jigs?
Still? Popping? :)

The picture says it doesn't matter!

Until next time when all conditions are exactly the same.

Thx for sharing the trip, made me smile

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Lost Pole we are setting the bobbers at 4 ft and leting them swing back under it. They are grabbing the jigs anywhere from the surface ubtil it gets straight down under the bobber. Once they do Im picking it up and swing it out beside the next opening in the pads.
Ronnie I hear what your saying they sure grow fast. Ive got one granddaughter but she hasnt gotten into tying with Papaw just yet, like to watch but doesnt want to try it yet LOL She sure likes to fish with me though.

Lost Pole

You're in Arkansas? Guessing your water temps aren't far below ours.
Like I said, great haul. That's many meals. That means more time together.
Enjoyed the pictures and report, thx

JUNGLEJIM1

Those gills have some fat bellies. They are really chowing on something in those pads. Nice having trips like that with family. Who does all the fish cleaning?

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Those gills have some fat bellies. They are really chowing on something in those pads. Nice having trips like that with family. Who does all the fish cleaning?

That would be me JJ, my partners always get lost about that time LOl

Back