Catfish Tournament

JSC

Had to share this ... did not get to go to weigh in .. Had people from all across the "Panhandle" there .... JBH "Fish Walton" sent this URL ... No jigs that I know of ... This was on my river (Choctawhatchee) and took place at Caryville under Hwy 90 Bridge Public landing

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...0-%20060113&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_137013109312110

A little more info at --- http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f40/choctaw-cat-tournament-caryville-060113-a-153854/

Looks like a good time was had by all ... just found out about it Thursday.

jig-guy

JSC, I went to the other site and saw all the pictures and those nice catfish. That looked like a fun deal fishing that river.
Thanks for the post & pic's.

redman

Keith go to the second link and there is a link that does work. Yes there are BIG Flats and Blues down here. The range is almost to the Mexican boarder. We are about 250 miles further north than JCS is. The Truly Giant cats are Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri. They are in the Big river systems the Mississippi and the Missouri. Don't count out some of the other river systems ether. Like the Canadian or the Red.

JSC

Just a side note ... The Flat Heads are not native to this area .... several years ago they were stocked across out rivers in the Panhandle ... dont know who did it or why. Has played havoc with the "River Brim" (some call them Red Bellies & Willow Brim) The Appalachicola River System has turned out some monsters .. They have been having Catfish Tournaments at Blountstown for several years. The Fl State record (If Im not mistaken) came from the Choctawhatchee .. will look it up, I think I have the article and picture some where on this computer.

StumpHunter

Looks like a well put together tournament and a great place to have one. Under the bridge where it is nice and out of the sun :) Thanks for posting.

Back