castmaster spoons

rich mc

i have heard of anglers reversing the hook to the opposite split ring to give different action has anyone here tried it? typically the heavier section has the hook rich mc

papaperch

Have been using Kastmasters for years. I don't think there is anything you can do to a kasrmaster that it won't catch fish. But I have used hooks at either end. where I have fished them in Ohio. There was no observed difference in amount of fish caught.

But to expound further I only use Kastmasters as a search lure. That is I tie a dropper hook off after removing the treble. I even have used a hook ( aberdeen style ) with just a split ring used to attach. Long time ago just used for ice fishing. tried one time out of boat and found out it produces pretty much any time of year. Swedish pimple also does the same.

Fatman

There's not much you can't try and they'll still catch fish. The only spoon I ever thought was worse swapping the treble around was a DareDevil

GrampsJigs

Well, I am on board with those that have fished Kastmaster Spoons and find them to be very successful. It is my go to spoon when fishing in that manner. Trout, out my way, love 'em. Specific to your question, I have never tried the other position for my treble hook...........

Kdog

I use them a lot as jigging spoons and my only observation about reversing the treble is I seem to get more tangles when the treble is on the light end. As far as catching fish, I do not think it matters. They catch fish and often do when nothing else will.

Back