castmaster spoons 2

rich mc

thanks for the replies to the first post. question 2, do you use the hair or feather dressed treble for certain situations ? i have a few but they got benched as the plain ones were producing . rich mc

GrampsJigs

In my case, I have never used dressed treble hooks on Kastmaster's. Just the plain Silver or Gold are my most effective ones. There are days when another color may work, but, Silver or Gold will get the job done most consistently.

hookup

I usually modify everything, but for castmasters, fish them straight out of the package & they work.

Kdog

Never dressed but have tipped with a minnow head. Sometimes it is very effective. The only mod I do is I have a handfull of KO Kastmasters that I Painted half blue, Half Chartruese. Tried PC but never got the results I desired. So, I use my airbrush, mask half and 2-3 coats followed by a dip in lacquer. The blue works pretty well, the chartreuse I've caught 1 fish (he must have been desperate!).

I use a lot of jigging raps and the most productive colors are chrome/black, Chrome/Blue, Although this year, clown is working well as the new regal shad and purpledescent colors are my go to baits.

See my FYI post.

Back