Captain Hooks Sent Me These ??

SaltyBuckster

Yea,I broke down and bought some hooks for my new little fish Ultra Minnow mold.Mostly 570's a couple E570H in 2/0 that I love and believe it or not 100 Gammies 4/0 614's thart I thought would be good for my 1 and 1 1/2 oz. Ultra Minnows,but no,at $37.00 a 100 they are pretty short and the gap pretty small for a 4/0 hook.They fit fine in my 1/2 and 3/4 oz guys.But,they sent me these three hooks in an envelope,no name,model number,size anything.Look like 4/0 in nickle,This site was down so I tied them into teasers.I hope that someone here knows the hook and can lead me in the right direction to get a 100 of them.

Attachments

• DSC00083.JPG
    DSC00083.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 109

toadfrog

That looks like a salmon fly hook . Or a saltwater Duratin fly hook . Hard to say .

FuzzyGrub

FWIW: The Captain was very obliging in providing very specific samples with my orders. Helped with testing the mold fit prior to buying 100s.

If you like EC 570's, there is a new EL570BP, a Laser black nickel version. I liked the EL3052 which has a slightly larger diameter wire, like a mustad 746. I will be ordering those when running low on the mustads.

Fatman

Fuzzy

On the EL3052 hook - how much does that hook affect closing your mold??? or is that more like the O'shaunessy style hook???

SaltyBuckster

I looked through every 60 degree flip eye hook that they had on that site and only found flipping hooks that were black.Does anyone have a hook # that is tinned?

FuzzyGrub

Fatman said:
Fuzzy

On the EL3052 hook - how much does that hook affect closing your mold??? or is that more like the O'shaunessy style hook???

I only had a sample EL3052, but the same diameter Mustad 746 has worked in all of my Do-its that call for the 570. I would not not expect any issues with it. If I remember correctly, it is only 0.003" diameter larger.

The EL3052 I have is a 2/0. If I have the mold you are concerned with, I'll test fit it to be sure.

StumpHunter

I received three of those big hooks with my order, wow they are big as I don't use any bigger than a #2 hook. Got to tie something with them and your fly looks like a good one.

Fatman

Salty

I think all brands of hooks fall into that at times I've had some EC #1's that looked like a Mustad #2. The hook in your teaser could be for a swim jig mold?

blt

You must be in good with them, I've ordered 1000's of hooks off of them and never got ONE sample hook lol. I have no clue what hook that is, sorry!

Back