Camping trip pics

crappiecripplerjigs

More pics from camping trip. We managed a shady campsite for a change. This is Crawford State Park in Kansas. Some of you may have been here before. The walleye and catfish we caught were all right in front of the grass on the point. The smaller bluegill were caught nearly every cast near the grass. I suspect the larger walleye and catfish were hanging out here knowing they could get an easy meal. One unlucky gill made it to my feet before being eaten by a very large fish. I only saw his brownish green back before the line snapped. Whatever it was broke the 4lb. line immediately. I had goosebumps for a bit as I sat in awe of what had happened while contemplating getting the hell out of the water. Kind of spooky being up close and personal in the water with something unknown! All in all it was a perfect weekend. We kept one walleye 20", two catfish 25", 21", and several large bluegill. The crappie were small. About 1 in 10 big enough to keep. We ate well and will be spending next week camping again!

Attachments

• camp.JPG
    camp.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 55
  • walleye.JPG
    walleye.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 55
  • point.JPG
    point.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 55

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you have it all figured out! Nice looking patch of ground you have staked out (way t keep it simple!) and awsome to hear you found some fish. Fresh walleye - YUM!!!! Does not get much better. Hope you have good weather next trip as well. :cool:

Back