Camping lights

hookup

I river camp allot & have been on the quest to find the right lantern to take.

Have a couple Petzels which are headlights that work while moving around camp, but wanted something more like a lantern.

Thanks to a fellow river rat, I found the light- Luci. This thing's amazing. These were developed for third & fourth world nations to bring them light. It's solar powered, lasts a long time on a charge; all night, we tested it daily river camping, floats, light weight, compact, and water proof.

On my last camping trip, we test two brands. We had 3 from China that were only $8 a piece. We also brought on Luci that was about $20. After 8 days river camping in TN and KY, the Chinese ones stood up to the test, but the $20 Luci was the winner by being brighter and the charge lasting longer. They would charge while we floated in a clear dry bag on top of the canoe & be ready for action at night. We'd hang one on each corner of the tarp and they lasted through some nasty KY t-storms. My buddy would grab one at night & read with the light, and in the morning, it would still be generating light - dim but worked.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8whit1xbwa_e

https://www.mpowerd.com/impact

My son got me one for xMas that's 7 different colors including white. Kinda cool, a novelty, but will defiantly be on my next trip. I'm going to pick up two more that are just white light. They are advertised to hold a charge for life.

Kdog

Thanks for the info. Sounds nice but I still have my old coleman lanterns PITA but they always work and provide adequate light and lots of memories, as long as I can continue buying mantles and white gas I doubt I will change.

hookup

KD - I have a coleman lantern too - great for car camping, bit big for kayak camping or backpacking ... lol

I use the coleman when the power goes out.

Back