Building your own rod?

AndyLane

Can't Wait to see what you build. Just had the 2014 MudHole catalog come in the mail yesterday. Me looking through that catalog and me walking through Home Depot both go about the same way. They both start with me Thinking bout All the Amazing Things I'm Going to Build and both end with me looking at an Empty wallet and Thinking "SOMEDAY!" :D:icon14:

hookup

Sorry, missed this thread somehow, but sounds like you are well on your way.

Titaneum Silicon carbonite guides are what I use for the bomb. There's one set that's better, gold paladiums, but you need a second mortgage for a set of those.

SCV is top of the line imho. And handles, just keep it light. I typically go TN handle & tape the reel on.

One other handle that's said to be lighter and more sensitive, but I've never handled one or built one. Basically, it's a rolled piece of graphite, laminated on the blank, then filled with an epoxy paste that expands with air bubbles with the reel tied on with thread & flexcoat like a guide. Kinda sci-fi high tech looking.

SlabHappy

hookup said:
SCV is top of the line imho.

Yeah, I wanted the SCV, but with everything else needed to get started, I couldn't justify another $150. I probably could to myself, but not to the wife. I am sure this will be the first of many.

Back