brass beads

Fatman

Wow - sounds like a great deal but did the guy cut the beads himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! En-larged the copper pic and you can see Lot's of jagged edges and some of the filings from drilling them are still attached.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Fatman nailed it exactly - the holes are NOT smoothly machined and some beads indeed have ruff edges around the holes. OK for bead flies, but not for Boolie blade spin bearings. I'm stuck with 1,000 nickel 1/8s, cuz the proprietor was so courteous and prompt with emails I don't have the heart to return em. Anyone wants em I'll let em go for $15 including shipping. Not all are ruff, but I can't be bothered sorting em.

Fatman

Zac - I only looked at the copper. For the price on flies I might try some. I know you tie way more bead heads than I do!!!!

Hawnjigs

KISS
QK, thanks for starting this post, which motivated me to email WFCo about a belated exchange. Mr. Owner(yep, his name) promptly invited a return for inspection, so mailing back today.

Also reviewed the website pics, and indeed the silver & gold beads did not appear to have the issues of the copper ones. Didn't bother to upsize and inspect pics before - a bead's a bead, right?

quivira kid

Hawnjigs said:
Didn't bother to upsize and inspect pics before - a bead's a bead, right?

More or less.... don't want to have then cutting my thread as I am tying though either. Nothing a good little file wouldn't get rid of!

StumpHunter

Just got my order from them today and everything looks great. I ordered beads and hourglass and they all are nice and clean. $43 for a lot of products = a happy costumer

Hawnjigs

KISS
Good luck guys, sent back my 1,000 3.0 silver beads and ordered 3.5 since I only got a return credit. Same thing, small holes were rough and burry. In fact, the 100 count plastic bags appeared to be literally peppered with little nicks and punctures from protruding burrs. So, now I'm also out 3x shipping fees.

goodtimesfishing

Hawnjigs said:
Good luck guys, sent back my 1,000 3.0 silver beads and ordered 3.5 since I only got a return credit. Same thing, small holes were rough and burry. In fact, the 100 count plastic bags appeared to be literally peppered with little nicks and punctures from protruding burrs. So, now I'm also out 3x shipping fees.

When they would only give you a credit, you should have mentioned that under the return section it states:
We will gladly exchange any item or refund your money. Please note: We are proud not to have ever had the need to do an exchange or refund!
So I wonder if they will remove the "Please note: We are proud not to have ever had the need to do an exchange or refund!

StumpHunter

Hawnjigs said:

I hate to hear that Hawns, all the ones I ordered look good. Just poured out some of each pack and didn't see any problems. I ordered 100 black, copper and brass 3.5mm beads and 100 black, copper and brass hourglass eyes and all look good.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Thanks for the refund info Stump, I'll send em back and eat the 4x shipping cost. Strange, ain't it, how you could get all good ones and I get 2 for 2 bad? Since I specifically mentioned the reason for the first return I thought Mr. Owner would pay attention to not repeat. Guess I'll replace with dependable Harelines.

Until now, I didn't know that bad beads could even exist! I've used Hareline, Wapsi, eBay this n' thats and never had rough edge hole problems.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Only onsite return info now is:
"Return Policy: We accept returns for defective merchandise. Please contact us if you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason."

Still waiting for a reply to my yesterdays email. And the pic of the defective copper beads is still on the website.

Fatman

Well goodtimes called it!!! They changed it, to bad too these folks have to know this kind of info gets posted all over fishing sites - stuff like this can only hurt business. You'd think he'd say I'll check with our supplier and find out what's causing this.

Back