Branks' Blade

jjsjigs

Banned
A new pattern. Branks' Blade. On a 6XL long shank Mustad Hollow Point Streamer hook. Colorado Blade at the tail (which didn't foul during R&D testing). Schlappen tail with Palmered brown and olive Schlappen over Brown UV Ice Dub. Black Finn Racoon Topping mixed with UV Flash, Brown Rubber legs, and a fish skull reverse weighted so the hook rides point up and... to give it the "heavy metal" look. This fly will definitely give me an advantage for catching a decent pike or muskie on the Susquehanna River this year. A bad-assed streamer for bad-assed "toothy critters".

content__media_external_images_media_21.jpg

jjsjigs

Banned
I fine tuned the pattern tonight and used the fish skulls in coppertone color. A Branks is an old Scottish form of punishment used by the courts for naggers or gossips. ("The Colonel" aka the wife - inspired me on that aspect... he, he, he) This is a branks:

175px-Brank_-_Kelvingrove_Art_Gallery_and_Museum.jpg

and this is a Branks' Blade. I do believe I'll catch a Pike or Muskie on this!!! (and some big-assed Smallmouths too!) This streamer is over 6 inches long.

20080101_01-5.jpg

SaltyBuckster

JJ,I just checked out your website and I have to admit,it is very impressive.I'm getting ready for a move to Pa. in the next few days and also will be fishing the Juniata and Susquehanna rivers.Very nice.

Back