Box full!

quivira kid

Been busy the last couple nights. Got a 100-piece order up next. Starting to see double! Haha

f2e3bac397eba6cf7782f9aea246c0e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plateboater

Looking like great work.....what is the bottom right little guy? Black body orange head

quivira kid

Thanks guys!

Plate, those are a bit of an experiment.... Kip tail, and then Cohen's Carp Dub as a body. It's a long fiber, coarse dubbing with UV material and very fine silicone leg material mixed in. It should have a lot of movement in the water.

41e06c4b0c429021d96947cee1ec98c3.jpg

redgun

Man, you should be SET with that box!!! Nice assortment.:icon14:

quivira kid

Finally got to get outside and take good pictures with some natural light! We had a nasty storm roll through last night.... 100mph wind gusts. Tons of power lines down, we just got power restored at the house. Lot of folks are gonna go all weekend without power.

10 each, 14 or so color combos....

6bb6d1979f94c4b3c9804fda8c3c22a7.jpg

AllenOK

Sweet!

Sorry to hear about the storm damage.

Dumb question, Zac. Have y'all been getting a lot of rain out that way? I'm just curious. Eventually any runoff from your area is going to make it into my area. If, and that's a big IF, we get a high-flow event moving down-river, I can get into a mess of big fish.

quivira kid

No sir we have not! It POURED sideways for about 15 minutes last night and I think it all ran off. Everything was bone dry today. We need some rain to get the white bass going and get a good crappie spawn. My home lake hasn't had a good spawn in 2 or 3 years for crappie and it's showing.

Lost Pole

Thats a ton!
Not unusual for you though. Always great combos n tying.
I've yet to figure your hackle tying methods. Sometimes they have a tip but most are the feather void of tip? I like the looks of the latter better but like the idea of no waste. Either way says you know they catch.... Either way. If that makes sense. Great work.

quivira kid

Lost Pole said:
Thats a ton!
Not unusual for you though. Always great combos n tying.
I've yet to figure your hackle tying methods. Sometimes they have a tip but most are the feather void of tip? I like the looks of the latter better but like the idea of no waste. Either way says you know they catch.... Either way. If that makes sense. Great work.

I almost always have at least one tip.... Mostly for looks, but that hackle slims down so much that I don't think it matters, honestly. I usually trim off the fluff at the butt of the feather, then get the right length from the tip end, and then make a couple V's out of the middle. (That make any sense at all? I can take pics if not.) The tip gets kicked away from the shank of the hook one way, and the tips get kicked the other way, so there's a bit more volume there, theoretically. The way I do flash will make your head spin and my fingers hurt if I try and just explain it. Haha but it is quick and efficient.

quivira kid

Thanks guys.... Plate, just plain strung hackle from Crazy Angler. The orange and blue I've got right now would probably qualify as saltwater grade. So nice and big, and easy to work with.

plateboater

Ha!.....Looking sweet! Like that orange hackle? where you picking that up at? Looks like the bucktail is coming out lower right

Back