Bouncers - Round 1

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
JiggerJohn gave a link awhile back for bouncer style flies - bouncerflies.com - i really liked the over-all idea of these and finally got around to making a few. Be sure to check out the link, it has flies shown of all different types using the beaded keel. Very cool tube and prop flies also.

These are my attempts at minnow patterns with crappie and bass in mind. My first attempts using the beaded mono keel pulled out easily, had to double back with the mono and tightly wrap to keep everything in place. I will be making some more in bug and craw styles as well.... is spring ever going to get here?!?!?!?!?!

#6 Daiichi 1560
Used the general AR Bucktail pattern - the butt ends of the buck are wrapped under then trimmed near the beads...
101_2571_e.jpg

101_2586_e.jpg

More 6's in a clouser of sorts pattern...
101_2572_e.jpg

101_2576_e.jpg

#8 Mustad Nymph Hook
101_2574_e.jpg

No clue on size for this one - somewhere around a #4 and HEAVY!! ;)
101_2573_e.jpg

I used hematite beads to give them a little weight and seed beads for the colors, need to go get some more of both. :exclamation: :D Any questions on materials i used, ask away - i used a lot of different stuff for these:
Bucktail - Kip - Craft fur - Rabbit zonkers - Peacock herl - Ostrich herl - Wire - Various flash material

JUNGLEJIM1

Nice job. The beads should make noise dragging them on the bottom so the should be great attractor baits if you fish them on bottom.

jiggerjohn

Attica, the originator of Bouncers, Steve, will be very proud of your excellent work with these!! As you say, with a hematite bead or two, you basically have a very effective JIG !! Keep up the great work !!

LedHed

Sponsor
Awesome tyes - have the web site bookmarked (couldn't remeber where I got it from - thnx jj).

Great work AF - thnx for sharing

jjsjigs

Banned
Bouncers are staple up in AK. Love those flies... I will be testing my version of the bouncer out on the Susquehanna River as soon as this flooding stops and I can wadefish without dodging trees coming down the flow!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the feed back everyone and thanks again to JiggerJohn for the link! :) These have been mulling around in my head for awhile, can't wait to sling some.

JJ1 - You are correct, these should make some nice clicking/rattle type sounds if either dragged or snapped up off bottom.

JiggerJohn - Some of these should have plenty of weight with the hematite beads to be fished with spinning tackle. Plan to make some others with some of the larger hematite beads i have... i got an assortment of sizes. :D

JJsJigs - I know what you mean!!!! Dealing with a few feet of water in the basement at work this week. :( I went out to some of my stomping ground just to have a look - WOW!!! - you could do white water rafting in some of the spots i usually stand ankle deep on bedrock in mid river. Going to have some structure moved around by the time it is ready to fish - rivers have some awsome power behind them. :cool:

Back