Boaters help

Lost Pole

I know this is a lure creating website but everyone here has always been 100% better than anyone else anywhere
Working on an outboard that's running great.. now, just have a question about this rubber boot....
is this a problem?

When running in the barrel, submerged, it's a constant gurgle. Don't have a problem with the noise, just wanna make sure there's no water intrusion. Gon drain lower unit tomor hopefully n refill so I guess I'll find out.
For y'all mechanically inclined folks, what is that boot/ deal called?
Wiuld save me some time in my research on this stupid electronic manual.
Thx

adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost Pole

Also when I run the motor, trimmed down, with that area in the water, the barrel water will whiten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duffy

I can't see your picture and don't know for sure what unit your talking about but like Kdog said sounds like your shaft seal. When you pull the plug on the lower unit more than likely you'll get water or white milky oil running out. If so make sure you drain it well and get it fixed. If it freezes with water in it it can get $$$ and also can rust the gears and bearings. If you can't get it fixed fairly quickly just drain out all you can and re-fill with oil to keep things from rusting.

Back