Boat ride rough water out of San Diego CA

jig-guy

Quick post. I fished an overnight on the boat Producer H&M Landing San Diego CA Wednesday 9/19. The boat and crew did a great job providing outstanding customer service. Nice bait & lots of it. Total fish count 23. 5 small CA Yellowtail, 15 Yellowfin Tuna, 1 Dorado & 2 Albacore. The big Albacore got the jackpot. I caught on small yellowtail, no skunk. The rought water wore me out hanging on to anything I could find:beat-up:, 2 foot swell my a**. The bunks on this boat are great and comfortable, saved my life. Most fish were caught on the troll. I caught my yellowtail on live bait fishing a kelp patty. I think there were at least 8 fisherman out of 28 seasick and chumming. A real long day for these guys. Did not take pictures I was busy trying to stand up & stay on the boat it was so rough. Anyway you could fish the Producer with confidence I enjoyed the trip on her.
tl
Jig-Guy / Bill

baitmaster

Jigguy,
Great report. I need to get down there and fish some ocean water soon. The reports have been off the hook lately.

jig-guy

Hi BaitMaster, there are fish out there to be caught. I wished I would have been on a 1 1/2 day trip instead of the overnight. Anyway if you can go go do it. I did not get to use all my (secret stuff jigs & swimbaits) since I followed the boats instructions. OH well next time with calmer seas I will have had a better chance at catching more fish and doing my thing. Heck I am glad I was able to stay on the boat and not become fish food.
If you are able to get out there I am sure you will have a good time. Also thank you for interest in my post:beer:.

baitmaster said:
Jigguy,
Great report. I need to get down there and fish some ocean water soon. The reports have been off the hook lately.

hookup

I've done many trips out of San Diego's Point Loma. Best was the Qualifier 105 & the Royal Polaris.

Thanx for sharing. Brings back allot of good memories.

jig-guy

Hi Hookup, man that would have been nice on a 105 foot boat and the wide beam in those sea's. I am at the end of my run getting beat up at sea. I will be 72 soon and it is not worth the effort. I will be at Lake Silverwood CA on Friday at the dam on the bank fishing for stripers and catfish. If I get bit I will post it in the fresh water section here.
Thank you for your interest in my post.
jig-guy / Bill

hookup said:
I've done many trips out of San Diego's Point Loma. Best was the Qualifier 105 & the Royal Polaris.

Thanx for sharing. Brings back allot of good memories.

jig-guy

Hi LedHed, I should have been out with you on Lake Perris on your boat. I did enjoy going to San Diego but I am done with the long boat rides and rough water. My wife Paula and I did enjoy eating the yellowtail it was great. I still like deep fried BG though.
I will talk to you latter,
Bill
LedHed said:
Great report Bill - hate them swells!!

toadfrog

I only been in rough water in a boat once . Living in OK. you don't get much of that unless you get caught on the water with a tornado coming in . Did that , won't repeat that . If there is a cloud in the sky and one drop of rain hits the water I'm bank bound . Might even try one of those 007 moves to get the boat on the trailer without using the ramp.

Fatman

Last time I went out on the ocean was when I was at Tech School at Keesler AFB, MS in 1982. One of the guys Uncles had a boat and we went out, it was okay till the swells started and then the rail of the boat and I became friends. That was the last time, but I've been out on Lake Champlain with friends and it was rough.

Back