Black or red

Bkabina

I used both. The red wears off and then it's a gold hook. The black coating doesn't wear off and won't rust. I am really liking the black ones personally but still use red too.

It's personal preference. Haven't seen any difference in fish strikes.

Bkabina

What size are you going to order? I have a couple black #2 or #4 I could send you if you want to check them out first. Let me know.

Fatman

I have the sickles but only the red, about a 100 #2's, going to order #2 and #4 - just wondering what everyone was using. Seeing alot of the black ones in the new jig section, just taking a view of what everyone thought. Actually tired of the red ones and the coating flecking off.

Fatman

Truthfully I don't really NEED them!!! I've got about 8,000 Mustads and EC's (old stock) and some VMC's. Truthfully if I didn't get hooked on all the new paint jobs being posted I could probably tie for months without running out of the jigs I already have painted.

Why not just use what you have instead of spending the $5 on something that you could actually get by without, unless of course you have a big order you need to fill and they are wanting the sickle hooks..... :jig:

hunter7711

I personally only use the red. My jigs don't last long enough for the paint to wear off. I'm a believer that every jig should have red on it, even if it's just a red thread trailing. Red hooks give me the red without having to the it in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Fatman

Here you go BK
100_4352.jpg

This isn't with the hooks that I bought from Toad and I put the Eagle Claws in another box somewhere!!!

Think I'm gonna split half and half on both sizes.

Bkabina

Nice! I'd burn up my molds if I had that many hooks on hand. I'm still waiting on my last order that has my #6 hooks. It doesn't seem to have shipped yet,and The mold from zeiners Is suppose to be here tomorrow. Luckily I found about 2 dozen #4's in my big box of #2's.
Let me know if you decide to sell any!

Fatman

These are old stock mustads I won't be selling any of these. got the package in the mail!!! posted some pics of how they came out!!

Back