Bird of prey

BucktailJiger

100_0331.jpg100_0327.jpg100_0329.jpgThis guy has been hanging around for a few days now . Right outside my dinning room window . He has been eating very well , starlings and black birds . Hasn't touched any of the other birds that are hanging out at my feeders . Cool thing is the Gold Finch's , Cardinals , Chickadee's , Titmouse's , Nuthatch's and Woodpecker's come to the feeders even when he is perched in the tree above my feeders . But if a Starling or Blackbird comes in it's lunch time !

JUNGLEJIM1

Look's like a Falcon.. Had one in the neighborhood for a couple years that terrorized the local pigeon population. Actually witnessed a kill one morning and got some pictures somewhere plucking feathers from the kill. They are BADA$$ !!!

plateboater

Redtail hawks are around here.....feeding now like kings with the white snow the victims stick out!!!

hookup

My buddy has a hawk that's trained to hunt. Pretty cool video's.

AllenOK

And here I thought y'all were talking about Klingons :)

We have a lot of Kestrels here, very small Falcons. I see them on powerlines all the time, staking out a patch of road-side ditch, looking for various large insects and the occasional mouse. I also see some larger Falcons, about like what's pictured. Up in Michigan I saw one try to attack a large tomcat. Big mistake there :)

We have a lot of Redtailed Hawks as well. Heck, yesterday I saw a Bald Eagle flying down the river.

I have GOT to get a good telephoto lens for my D40......

BucktailJiger

Been trying to identify the species . Checked Birds of Prey Hawks Falcons in Iowa , looks to be a Coopers Hawk ? But I may be wrong .
About a hour ago he hammered a Scrub Jay just as it was trying to land on one of my feeders , it was Awesome !
The speed , agility and accuracy is just amazing !

Back