Bill Barr - The Last Straw

Jig Man

Hunting season is officially over here. I have two doe in the cooler to process tonight, then i'm going to join you guys and fish. 70 degrees F here today... very unusual for January!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Informative discussion, thanks all. Back to the original topic breaking news:

"The New York City Bar Association has taken the extraordinary step of asking Congress to investigate Attorney General Bill Barr for being too politically biased to faithfully execute his duties as America’s top law enforcement official."

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yah, crazy mild Winter all over makes me worried what will happen next. 48* here is unusually toasty for my area, chance to get outdoors and play instead of being stuck inside worrying what the power brokers are breaking.

Bucho, is there an off the beaten track area you can explore? My big trout session required a 2 hr one way ruff country trek trying to avoid tripping in snow covered critter holes and falling on ground hugging cactus. If it weren't for places and times that most avoid, my catches would be mediocre at best.

Jig Man

Hawn, nothing wrong with having a different opinion on politics, from where I'm sitting I am positive we have the same goals in mind... :icon14:

Bucho

Hawnjigs said:
Bucho, is there an off the beaten track area you can explore?  My big trout session required a 2 hr one way ruff country trek trying to avoid tripping in snow covered critter holes and falling on ground hugging cactus.  If it weren't for places and times that most avoid, my catches would be mediocre at best.

I was picturing something like that when I read about your catches. For some reasons, my fellow anglers here in the semi-salt have not yet adopted the idea of a decent trolling motor keeping them in casting distance to off-limit private or military area beaches. When they think of boat angling for trout, they think trolling, although most time of the year untouched waist deep water is far more productive. I still do a little trolling here and there but the main reason I got myself a boat is a platform for the min kota. As for different times, during full season in April, watching what happens after 20 Anglers have skunked all day and 1-2 locals silently begin their night session after the last car door has banged is flatout ridiculous.

37634076yp.jpg

Hawnjigs

KISS
I would guess floating to out of the way spots is quicker than walking at 2 miles an hour. Good luck finding the magic holds that others overlooked.

Nice boat, rod, trolling motor, net, and fat girl.

Hopefully next April the parking area won't start filling up just before sunset. With what I learned this year, I expect most of 2020 warm season fishing to be during a several hours slot before sunrise.

Hawnjigs

KISS
As of today 2,003 former Justice Dept personnel have signed on to a request for Bill Barr to resign.

Altho not as newsworthy 179,000 ordinary folks have signed on to a similar petition.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Breaking news:

"A federal judge appointed by President George W. Bush laid into Attorney General William Barr’s “lack of candor” in a court opinion on Thursday, accusing the nation’s chief law enforcement official of producing a “distorted” summary of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 election, saying Barr had made a “calculated effort" to spin the investigation's findings in favor of President Donald Trump"

Hawnjigs

KISS
Breaking news:

"in a case thats scheduled to begin next month involving two Russian Firms, Concord Management and Concord Consulting, charged in a 2018 indictment by special counsel Robert Mueller alongside 13 Russians and a troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency Bill Barr announces The Department of Justice filed a motion to drop all charges."

Back