Bench Done

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nice looking custom work. Is that chenille in the Plano style boxes on the lower left...... how does that work - is it still on cards and you pull it right out of the hole you put in the back? Need a new way to store my chenille besides my grab bag it is in now.

..........you already need more room! ha!

Len

AtticaFish said:
Nice looking custom work. Is that chenille in the Plano style boxes on the lower left...... how does that work - is it still on cards and you pull it right out of the hole you put in the back? Need a new way to store my chenille besides my grab bag it is in now.

Yes I use the Plano Boxes for some of the chenille storage and they work real well. All of the chenille is off the cards and is stored loose inside the boxes.The Rayon chenille is always out of shape when when it comes off the card so I steam it before putting it in the plano boxes.

Len

Lost Pole said:
Len, how do you "steam" it if you don't mind me asking.
I take what is in the package and lay it on a table and just use a steam iron and go down the length of chenille keeping the iron about one inch above the chenille and let the steam do it's job. You do not want to steam it to much because it will unravel. Just enough to get the chenille back in shape.

toadfrog

Think that beats my coffee can hole in the lid thing.But then I do have automatic coffee scent on my jigs .

Pepop

Len said:
AtticaFish said:

Yes I use the Plano Boxes for some of the chenille storage and they work real well. All of the chenille is off the cards and is stored loose inside the boxes.The Rayon chenille is always out of shape when when it comes off the card so I steam it before putting it in the plano boxes.

I'm lookin for Plano boxes like that but no luck. Can you point me in the right direction? Plano # or where you got them? I have zipper bags of chenille in 3 drawers & though it's not that hard to see what I have, looks like your system would be much better.

Len

Pepop said:
Len said:
AtticaFish said:

I'm lookin for Plano boxes like that but no luck. Can you point me in the right direction? Plano # or where you got them? I have zipper bags of chenille in 3 drawers & though it's not that hard to see what I have, looks like your system would be much better.
The largest one I use is the #3600 and have other smaller sizes also.
http://www.basspro.com/Plano-ProLatch-StowAway-Utility-Box-–-3600/product/1303011345/

New River Rat

That red object under the bench, to the right......I have seen one of those somewhere, just not near my tackle. Heck, kinda looks like a shop-vac a little. But I don't have a reason to use one near my work area.........:p

Pepop

I knew that thread rack looked familiar, I saw one like it 20 years ago in a fabric store while being "drug"along while my wife shopped. On the way home I stopped at a lumber/hardware and did a little shopping of my own. I got home & put this together for the lil' woman.
IMAG1580_zpsf376cfad.jpg
I had forgotten about it getting slid under the guest room bed but looks like I have tying thread for a while plus a new way to store it.

Back