Belly spin rookie

quivira kid

Alright, I'm a little late, but finally got some swivels and blades to try this out.... I think I like it! Thoughts? Do it tie the swivel in right at the head or a turn or two of chenille back like this one?

17f3408c9b277bd046ed8e42d4c62ed7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LedHed

Sponsor
Awesome tye - great lookin jig

I tie mine right up to the neck and I don't use chenille.

Like to use roller swivels and butt rings.

jackie53

LedHead has a great  tutorial on jig pattern's Chub head.As you can tell from my post lately my favorite and 1/24 oz my favorite jighead size.Thanks LedHead

LedHed

Sponsor
No worries j53, that's why we are here.
For some reason I can't get bit on a 1/24th right now.

I like to squeeze the eye of the swivel - making it oval - before putting it on the hook. I've tried squeezing the eye after it is on the shank - think it's easier to do it before.

midnight

I like to tie mine as close to the head as I can. It's a matter of what works for you! See firetiger posting down 6 or 7 postings, third picture. i also like willow blades but again that's personal likes. Good lookin tie!!

midnight

duffy

Good looking tie. Thinking of trying a few of those myself. Just curious, what size swivel, blade, jig head are you using there?

duffy

Thanks, that helps me narrow it down. I was kind of thinking it was smaller than the stuff I have on hand. :dodgy: Oh well another order to send off or an excuse to go shopping..... :D

Fin and Fur

I just got some blades and made some inline spinners, had to cut half of the apart and redo. If your interested send me a PM and I'll give you the before after run down.

Anways I got blades to do spinners on jigs too just hadn't got to that yet. I just had to try it on the river real quick cause I threw some in my box. This is what I came up with stream side.
Top spin

Fin and Fur

Sometimes I can't get photos to upload....try this again
Top spin steam side

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1454479301730.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1454479301730.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 18
Back