Belly Spin jig - a trial run

huttaroo

Had some old 1/8 oz bail heads and gave this a whirl.
I mounted the jig in the vise and drilled a hole in the bottom of the lead head.
Then I pinched the loop on one side of a swivel and inserted it in the hole.
Step three, super glue fills the hole and secures the swivel.
Finally, a split ring and Colorado blade finish the spinner part of the jig.

Add dressing, in this case a big fluffy tail of white marabou. Then some chartreuse chenille and black eyes. This color combination is a getter on my home lake, which has a forage base of shad.
35cb7b4f5d549aab32f0322836ff2165.jpg

Probably give 'er a test tomorrow.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Kdog

Hope it works for you, I tried something similar and always gad problems loosing the swivel and blade, Best resullts for me were JB weld the D2T overcoat.

huttaroo

Thanks K. I tried this once before with little dinky bluegill jigs... 1/32 or so. It worked all right, and I don't recall losing any parts.
But we'll see.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is one way to do it. That color combo would catch fish in my lakes also. Nicely done.

Rather than getting my fingers stuck together with super glue.... i have used LedHed's method of threading the swivel eye onto the shank and locking it in with thread up against the jighead. Wrap the rest of the body with either thread or chenille and it usually does not go anywhere.

huttaroo

Yes I forgot about Sonnys thread tied method. It has the added benefit of eliminating the drilling; a tedious step for sure.

Further, I can still add a bit of super glue, in addition to the thread wraps.

Hey, I just like the stuff - what can I say? :)

Thanks for the reminder.

huttaroo

It worked fine, too. The little blade turned freely, although no fish liked it enough to bite.

Back