Bead & Pin Jigs

jjsjigs

Banned
ab1 said:
I've just started tying but must say that those are some very nice looking jigs. I can see using these for fnf in local river for winter smallies but it would probably need to be a heavier head. I think the weight ahead of the eye will give it some nice wandering action.

That blue jig you shared is very nice. Excuse the amateur hour question, but how did you get the chenille to be two tone (distinct top and bottom) like that? I'm starting with zero knowledge and trying to learn from some of the examples on the site

I believe he used a weave... now that would be a good tutorial to have on here? Anyone up for that challenge?

JoJoPro

ab1 said:
That blue jig you shared is very nice. Excuse the amateur hour question, but how did you get the chenille to be two tone (distinct top and bottom) like that? I'm starting with zero knowledge and trying to learn from some of the examples on the site

jjsjigs said:
I believe he used a weave... now that would be a good tutorial to have on here? Anyone up for that challenge?

Nope, not woven. Actually much simpler than that...it's simply a pearl chenille wrapped body with the top half colored with permanent marker. Pretty easy tie actually, and one of my most successful steelhead patterns. I will get a step-by-step posted some time this weekend.

steve r. said:
exellent ties.... does the jig head being up higher on the hook give it a little more diving/swimming action? great alternative to not having a mold! love it!

Thans Steve r. I'm sure if it had a heavier head it would have greater diving action. (heavy head and longer shanked hook would make for most dramatic diving/jigging action). But I'm dead-drifting my steelhead jigs beneath a float so I am keeping them very light so that they flutter about nicely in the current. It is definitely a great alternative to pouring jig heads in a mold.

John

ab1

Thanks John...looking forward to the tutorial!

Permanent marker eh, I need to remind myself to 'keep it simple, stupid'...you really nailed it though. Nice looking jigs.

Aaron

Back