jackie53

Attachments

• 1216140759-00.jpg
    1216140759-00.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 117

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you found a hook you could modify/bend to fit the bat jig mold........ what size hook did you use?

jackie53

View attachment 2
AtticaFish said:
Looks like you found a hook you could modify/bend to fit the bat jig mold........ what size hook did you use?

Eagle claw #2 and # 4 heat just below bend in hook!! Little Nasty's!!,and regular bend Gold hooks.

Attachments

• 1216140856-00[1].jpg
    1216140856-00[1].jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 91

Kdog

I like your thought process, did notice that hook is not centered in the collar which I find will reall wreak havoc during casting. Now to find an economical solution to the wire keeper ) I use upholstery staples and made a little bending jig does pretty good but not quite perfect. but I can buy10K staples for 8 bucks.

jackie53

Kdog said:
I like your thought process, did notice that hook is not centered in the collar which I find will reall wreak havoc during casting. Now to find an economical solution to the wire keeper ) I use upholstery staples and made a little bending jig does pretty good but not quite perfect. but I can buy10K staples for 8 bucks.

Has not been a problem have poured around a 100 #4 and #2 no problems!!! I too use staples from wal-mart!! and Buy the role of .012 wire rolls!! Thanks love tinkering with mold's!! Started back in the late 70's early 80's!! Made our own bass tubes had to have a jighead that would fit in a 3 1/2 in gitizit!! That started it all!! Have a lot of jig,plastic and crankbait maker's in our area!!!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Great idea! I've bent lots of hooks to fit like that and heating for a shank bend was never necessary. If the shank snaps the wire might be brittle.

I often trim off collars for ties, and thanks for reminding me that perfect thru the center hook position is not necessay for that.

jackie53

LedHed said:
Great post Jackie

Have you used the Matzuo's also?

Are the staples galvanized - any rust problems?

yes have the Matzuo's the gold works the red ones break about 1 out of 3.The eagle claw gold have been the best hook for bending!! Have been lurking and learning from jigcraft my turn to contrubite. No rust problems!!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I like the look of them..... think they would make good swimming jigs with the eye forward design. Reminds me of the walleye head profile but with the forward eye rather than the center balance.

Back