bass with No Name !

jiggerjohn

Water temp is still quite cold on my local lake,but with sun out & air temp at 70*, I hadda do some casting! Saw some activity -movement/flashes- near submerged boulders by a stone bridge, but no takers with even a very slow jigging retreive. Figured a downward flutter may give them an even slower speed & more time to react. After our "No Name" discussion previously, I'd tied up a few Microspoons with a 1/2" 5# test Power Pro extension, and a 1/2" white mink fly with gold flashabou on a #10 hook. The little trailer REALLY sashayed around behind the wobbling Microspoon, and woke up the lethargic bass (small ones) in a hurry! Almost all grabbed the little fly,but a few had the spoon's single no 4 hook in their jaws! Can't wait to try this actionized little No -Name combo on soon stocked trout!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Don't spank the folding chair Power Baiters too badly - remember, could be you in a coupla!

And, lets hear a comparison report of the spaghetti spoon and the 1/32 Boolie prop jig.

You know, "Man with no name" = spaghetti westerns. Bombora would understand.

Fatman

Jigger thanks for letting us know how it worked - We know it works in cold water now we'll wait to see what happens when the water warms up.

jiggerjohn

Hawn - tested the 1/32 Oz mini Boolie (your 1/32 0z heads with the slightly longer shanked,sharp no 8 hooks, and new tiny "fly propeller) against the "no-name" (ice spoon with mink trailer fly-no 14 hook). Both scored on bass, but the Boolie easily won the contest by about 30 to 12 (nothin big, but,hey, last year at this time we were still digging out from a major snow storm!!).

papaperch

Tried my No-names out Sunday but lake was extremely muddy. Did not get anything on lures but managed four jumbo perch on live bait. Wind finally blew me off lake.

Jiggerjohn - I tied up a couple with the minkie also.

jiggerjohn

PaPaperch, The No names have been pretty efficient when the water is somewhat on the clear side, and especially in very shallow water. But I'm just back from a day On Pymatuning, and it was a bit silty, and the No-Name wasn't productive. But my new light 1/32 oz Boolie pulled crappie, big bluegill, perch, and bass out of near shore laydowns all day long. The downside is right now I have to fillet a whole coolerful !!

Back