Bass Underspins

z520tom

View attachment 6A couple of EP Fiber underspins I made several weeks ago. I believe a 1/4 and a 3/8oz. Blade is a 3 1/2 willow.

Attachments

• 20151027_135418-1-1.jpg
    20151027_135418-1-1.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 136

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those are some big ponies. Not sure i have ever seen a 'willow' blade quite that shape...... where did they come from? The width of them should make some nice thump. Bet they would be nice on traditional 'R' bend spinners as well, a happy medium between willows and colorado but not quite an indiana blade.

z520tom

Those are regular #3 1/2 hildebrant willows. The pic is distorted. I spent a long time trying to get the file size and pix count down so this site will accept my pics. I do not understand what the problem is. I take them with my galaxy 6 phone. I take these same pic's and put them on another site as is and they go on fine without any resizing. I downloaded and installed a resizing program called Pixillion Image and that is what i am trying to use. About to give up.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Heck no, don't give up on the pics! Like seeing what you are making. If the shape got distorted, it is because it was resized more in one direction and got stretched. If you are cropping pics, you don't have to make it exactly 800px by 600px. It can be under the size in one of the directions, just don't go over the size and you will be OK. Not familiar with the editing software you are using, but there is likely a setting that keeps the ratio when you resize so you don't stretch things one way or the other. I keep the allowed file size to post on the site small so i don't have to buy a big fancy website package. That way i do not have to sell spots to any advertiser to cover the hosting costs. Have been able to keep the site free of advertisers since the beginning.

Keep up the posting - the jigs are bad a$$ looking and i know they will catch fish. :cool:

Pup

Nice-looking jigs and I'll bet they're bass getters. The distorted willow leaf blades remind me of those found on the old Roland Martin 'Big Bass' Spinnerbaits made by Blue Fox.

z520tom

AtticaFish said:
Heck no, don't give up on the pics! Like seeing what you are making. If the shape got distorted, it is because it was resized more in one direction and got stretched. If you are cropping pics, you don't have to make it exactly 800px by 600px. It can be under the size in one of the directions, just don't go over the size and you will be OK. Not familiar with the editing software you are using, but there is likely a setting that keeps the ratio when you resize so you don't stretch things one way or the other. I keep the allowed file size to post on the site small so i don't have to buy a big fancy website package. That way i do not have to sell spots to any advertiser to cover the hosting costs. Have been able to keep the site free of advertisers since the beginning.

Keep up the posting - the jigs are bad a$$ looking and i know they will catch fish. :cool:
Thanks for explanation. I will try more pic posts and try to keep from strech in my pics.

Bucko

What I do when posting pics here is adjust the size right away in my phone's camera options before taking the picture. That way I don't have to rely on a secondary app top resize them.

z520tom

View attachment 3This is my second attempt to get this photo to look right. I hope it works and thanks to you folks who have been so helpful.

Attachments

• 20151027_135418-1.jpg
    20151027_135418-1.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 56
Back