Bass sticker

Mack

1/4 oz. ball head jig... blue skirt with striped patterns. Whatcha think?

Attachments

• 6 cut shrunk 50 percent.JPG
    6 cut shrunk 50 percent.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 65

ScottV

Purty. I use a 1/4 oz a lot when spider rigging for crappie. The bigger head keeps the jig down plus it has a little larger profile. Good job Mack.

Mack

ScottV said:
Purty. I use a 1/4 oz a lot when spider rigging for crappie. The bigger head keeps the jig down plus it has a little larger profile. Good job Mack.

Thanks Scott!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That color should work good for largmouth and smallmouth bass - i used to use alot of plastic worms that were black/blue and grub bodies that were translucent blue with black and gold glitter glitter.

Hope you don't mind some constructive critisicizisimisim. (was never good at spelling :D ) I might add a suggestion to try and create a more stream-lined profile to get more of a minnow shape.

You could tie in the tail as you have it and use filler (cheap) thread and taper the body - then coat the thread with nail polish or other top coat. This tutorial shows what 'look' i am talking about, just adjust it to your prefered size jig. Link - UL Chub

Or..... you could create a smaller thread neck using the lead collar of a jig. This allows the material to go from thick around the head down to more of a point at the end of the tail material when it is moving in the water which also creates more of a minnow profile. It makes a good tapered profile when wet. I tie my bucktail and craft fur jigs this way. Here is another tutorial: Link - Bucktail

Mack

AtticaFish said:
That color should work good for largmouth and smallmouth bass - i used to use alot of plastic worms that were black/blue and grub bodies that were translucent blue with black and gold glitter glitter.

Hope you don't mind some constructive critisicizisimisim. (was never good at spelling :D ) I might add a suggestion to try and create a more stream-lined profile to get more of a minnow shape.

You could tie in the tail as you have it and use filler (cheap) thread and taper the body - then coat the thread with nail polish or other top coat. This tutorial shows what 'look' i am talking about, just adjust it to your prefered size jig. Link - UL Chub

Or..... you could create a smaller thread neck using the lead collar of a jig. This allows the material to go from thick around the head down to more of a point at the end of the tail material when it is moving in the water which also creates more of a minnow profile. It makes a good tapered profile when wet. I tie my bucktail and craft fur jigs this way. Here is another tutorial: Link - Bucktail

No I appreciate the constructive criticism , But the material I used with this jig needs to be long to have a decent action and the thin profile of the neck helps that for some reason... But I will try what you said with other materials. Thanks atticafish :)

Pup

I'd be tempted to fish this jig in a clear water setting...like a strip pit.

Good-looking jig Mack. :icon14:

Mack

Pup said:
I'd be tempted to fish this jig in a clear water setting...like a strip pit.

Good-looking jig Mack. :icon14:

Thanks pup, You're the one that inspired me to stripe it! :D

Back