BASS/CRAPPIE SPINNERBAITS

JUNGLEJIM1

These are 1/8 oz spinnerbaits poured on #2 bronze sickles. The bunnys were designed for smallies and the rubber skirt spinners for largemouth and crappie. I caught a lot of crappie this fall on this size spinnerbait,actually caught a lot more crappie than bass on them. I'm going to get some poured on #1 sickles next.View attachment 9View attachment 1View attachment 2

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 77
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 76
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 76

toadfrog

Had better luck on 1/8 oz spinners than most others . Good size bass will nail them . Those ought to get the job done . I was never one of those guys that thought you had to throw a brick in the water to catch big fish .

JUNGLEJIM1

tf, I've caught bass up to 4lbs and most of my bigger crappie this year on this size spinnerbait plus I don't have to use a baitcaster to throw them. I just bought 100 #1 and 100 #2 gold sickles so I'm going to have a lot more of these shortly. I'm thinking of buying a DO-IT crappie spinner mold.I wish I knew these hooks would fit. If anyone has one I'd send them some to try out to see if they fit.

JUNGLEJIM1

Thanks everyone. JSC, I have some butt rings around here somewhere but havn't tried them yet. Old habits are hard to break. I know they are cheaper and guys on here use them quite a bit. Whenever or if I find them I'll give them a shot.

Fatman

Nice baits reminds me of the old Virgil Ward Scorpion spins. Yes OK I'm showing my age - I loved that show!!!!!!!!!! That's why I like beetle spins and I still have the original Johnson century reel like he had, and it works alot better than alot of spincasters made today!!!

JUNGLEJIM1

Fm, I grew up watching him too. I used a black/yellow beetle spin for gills and white with a red spot for bass and crappie. I still have two century's and a citation,the beefed up version of the century and they still work. They get used when I take the grandkids out fishing. Reels are matchedup with SHAKESPEARE WONDER RODS. They've been used in six different decades.

toadfrog

Jim , I got the spinner and buzz molds send me a couple hooks we'll see if they fit . Lenght of the hook won't matter the size of the eye will . Need to use pure lead on those heads especially if the hook is up sized . Also I may have an extra spinner mold got to look . Don't remember if I let one get away .

Fatman

Man JJ thanks for saying that about sickles and ebay. I bought a 1000 of them last year from a lady that was ticked off at her husband and started selling all his stuff LOL. I think they may even be ones made in Korea. I'll have to dig them out.

Back