Basic fly

davidriley

Decided to try a basic type fly without any flash. This is based on a very successful mayfly nymph, which is popular over here - Richard Walker Mayfly Nymph

18925707975_fc03a02d8d.jpg

It is normally tied with cream wool and cock pheasant tail feathers. However I do like the way marabou 'works' in the water, so have used that for the tail. I have used a Woodcock body plumage feather for one fly and an English Partridge grey flank feather for the other, though I can't tell which is which now. They are both soft and very 'mobile' so well suited for the job.

David

davidriley

Hawnjigs said:
Yup, fly tie on a jig.

Is UK still lead free?

Yes in certain cases. No lead weights between 0.6gms and 28.35 gms (1oz) used for weighting fishing lines can be sold or used for fishing. However lead,if incorporated into a lure, is legal.

David

davidriley

Thank for the comments folks, much appreciated.
Unfortunately I am a bit thwarted at the moment as I can't get to the river or canal to test my jigs out. I fainted whilst out walking a while back and my doctor has banned me from driving until they have sorted me out. So at the moment it is a case of tying and dreaming about all the fish my jigs are going to catch!

David

Back