Barlows

Squeakyboatcaptain

I ordered 2 molds from Barlows last week....They made it to the house within 4 days of my order. I have never had an order take more than about 5 day from the time of my online order. Great service at a decent price.
I cant wait to get home and pour some up!!

Radtexan

Barlows is good folks,,,when I first started tying they were about the only one I dealt with...Like to support some of the smaller guys when I can,but they will take care of ya !

Squeakyboatcaptain

Yeah.... between Crazy Angler and Barlows.... I have been pretty satisfied... There are a few others I deal with on occasion, but for good quick service... Can't be beat! If Robert sold molds....I think he would have all of my business!
There are a few others I won't ever deal with again..... I will not mention any names..

Squeakyboatcaptain

Not sure Doug.... I looked at Zeiners the other night, but was just browsing.... I think Zeiners may be a little cheaper, but have to support my locals, and I have always had great service.... cant beat 4 days to my door over Easter holiday.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Barlows prices are reasonable and they have a good selection of molds and jig hooks. When I needed Gamakatsu doubles, they were the ONLY place I could find them.

Squeakyboatcaptain

Yeah... What's up with not being open on Saturdays?? Lol when I take the wife to Dallas on the weekends.. I can't go browse!!! Lol
I guess they all go FISHIN???

CrappieHappy

Squeakyboatcaptain said:
Yeah... What's up with not being open on Saturdays?? Lol when I take the wife to Dallas on the weekends.. I can't go browse!!! Lol
I guess they all go FISHIN???

Yes sir, been that way as long as i can remember.... Weekdays are for working, weekends for Fishing.......

goodtimesfishing

I wish I had a barlows around me!!! But with that fast of shipping I guess it doesn't matter. However I do like to browse in person, god knows I have browsed their online store enough!

Squeakyboatcaptain

As far as I know.... There is only one. And I'll bet most of their business is online! It's actually not a very big store at all, but... They have some nice goodies.. I may have to take a trip over there when I get home from offshore... It's about an hour and 20 mins from me.

StumpHunter

m.t.pockets said:
I live about 20 minutes away from there and have my paycheck DIRECT DEPOSITED with them

I would have to do the same thing as you.
We have a Cabela's being built 15 minutes from my home and I'm setting up direct deposit with them now!!

Hawnjigs

KISS
Um, you guys are kidding, right? Doesn't register with our island humor. Or do tackle stores also offer banking services?

Fatman

Have never been in a Cabela's or Bass Pro!!!!!! Closest thing here is Dicks sportings goods and not much in the way of tackle craft and I'd have to take the ferry to go over to NY to look at Gander Mountain - but my BIL went over one time and he says there's not alot of fishing tackle.

smalljaw

I really like Barlows, I've been doing business with them since about 2005 but for molds Zeiners is the place. I'm also doing more with LPO (Lure Parts Online) but it is bass hooks and skirt material because the only complaint I have with Barlows is they really upped their shipping cost, almost 9 bucks so if I only have a $40 or $50 dollar I order I go elsewhere. I know how it is with having tackle stores close, I have a Cabelas that is 20 minutes from me and a Bass Pro Shops 40 minutes away and it is tough to go there to just look, my wife said I look like a heroin addict in need of a fix everytime I go in there as my eyes get wide and I begin to sweat, but that is only when I don't have money but we do have a Cabelas club visa that my wife keeps hidden from me.

redman

SJ I know what you mean. My wife hid my Barlows catalog and just about has ban me from visiting Bass Pro. She has banned me from Robert's at Crazy Angler Tackle. Last time I was there I spent two months allowance on tying material. I know that I am a terrible addict. If I can tie with it I will bye in quantity. I never want to run out. Lols

Hawn some of us spend enough that it would be better to send our paychecks direct to the fishing shops( Barlow's, Bass Pro, Cabela's, Crazy Angler Tackle) No they don't have banking features but do offer Credit Cards That they will offer a small discount if you use them. Down side the APR is like 21%. That is why I don't have one. I like to pay with only the money I have in my bank account. Which always seems to be more than I should.

Redman

hookup

Hawnjig - lay off the pacalolo - yeah, we're all just jok'n. lol

I have no problems w/ walking into a BPS because they never have what I want in stock, but I'm afraid to walk into a Cabelas for fear of bending the credit card to much. That store puts me in sensation overload. I just walk around like a zombie because of all the stuff in there.

I've put three orders in w/ Barlows the past month. I might as well have one paycheck a month transfered into their direct deposit.

Back