Barlow's powder paint

Muskygary

I see under "new items" on the Barlow's site they now sell powder paint. $23.95 per pound. That figures out to $1.50 a ounce! That's a good price, wonder who they get their powder from?

Bucho

d.... I just payed an arm and a leg for their pro tec paint because I wanted epoxy... The choice is somewhat limited but if it the clear and white is as tough as the pro tec pearl that would solve a lot of my problems.

Fatman

wonder if they're getting it from Powder by the Pound or Rosy's? Maybe they had some custom colors made.

The white, blue, black, red and brown are cheaper at Rosy's. They have a couple of shades of blue for $3.25 a lb. Here's a link to their $3.25 lb. special http://www.roseyspowdercoating.com/3-25special.html

There glass clear 200% gloss coat is only $12.00 lb.

Nice they're starting to carry their own powder but put out different quantities so people can test it first.

duffy

I've noticed differences between brands like pro-tec, netcraft, HF and some other commercial stuff I have. Mostly differences in melting temps and how fine it's ground. The Netcraft powder seems to melt/adhere at a lower temp than the other's fwiw.

Back