BARAT BOA

macon1

A Synthetic Crosscut Zonker material with a nice sheen is made from pure polyester and is called Boa from the Barat company. I found it at Wal-Mart in the Yarn Department. It's under three dollars a skein and comes in a variety of colors. The white is all white while all the other colors are two tone.......variegated. The bright blue also has sections of dark purple, the brown is medium brown with sections of a very deep brown, the red has black, the red wine has a dark almost black....all skeins have a nice sheen. If you lay it flat, it's sewn along one edge and the fiber "legs" are a little over a half inch long. Great material for wrapping bodies on jigs, making collars, adding legs to jig undersides, etc.etc

Some Wal Marts don't carry it while others do.......our local older store carries it near the fabric department.

Fatman

From what I can see in the pictures kinda of looks like eyelash yarn. Are they two different materials?? A bunch of the photo's in his blog have been moved or deleted.

Fatman

I've got white, gold and pink from a member here. Once my JoAnne's store gets moved to it's new location I'll take a look for it, as they're supposed to have a Grand Re-Opening Sale!!

Back