Bama Rig Test

ScottV

I've got the horseheads on my push poles 4 ft behind 2 oz weights.
a693724d-eba7-9ca4.jpg

ScottV

Well I thought the Mississippi Rigs would do better than that. I think the fish were a little spooky today. Most everything we caught was 50 to 75 ft behind the boat. I did try a planer board and did okay with it. We wound up with 28 keepers in 5 hrs.

StumpHunter

Good report Scott. I would have thought the Bama rig would have worked better at catching but it may do different on your next trip. Congrats on the catch.

I got some of the braid ordered we talked about from China, two weeks down and one to go on receiving it....

ScottV

Radtexan said:
Looks like fun Scott,,ive yet to try the rig..Can you troll it way back ?

You could if you had a rig without the weight on it. Seems like somebody would make one with plastic instead of lead in the front. I tried longlining one and with 20 ft of line out it was hitting the bottom in 10 fow. I even thought about putting a cork on it to keep it from sinking so fast.

ScottV

StumpHunter said:
Good report Scott. I would have thought the Bama rig would have worked better at catching but it may do different on your next trip. Congrats on the catch.

I got some of the braid ordered we talked about from China, two weeks down and one to go on receiving it....

I just got through putting 150 ft of the Chinese braid on 3 line counter reels. Lol
62fba71a-8ba6-7522.jpg

Back