Badger and Moose Jigs....

LRB

Here are some jigs I have been tying..using badger and moose...the moose is like tying with wire...while the badger is like working with silk...I had fun tying these...one of these days I might get to try them out !!:rolleyes:

MaryLou~~

Attachments

• 100_1972.JPG
    100_1972.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 111

crappiecripplerjigs

These look fantastic!! What color are the heads? Also what do you have hiding on the other side of that bucket?

LRB

crappiecripplerjigs said:
These look fantastic!! What color are the heads? Also what do you have hiding on the other side of that bucket?

On the other side of the bucket is one of my Bad Hair Day jigs....you will love working with the badger..
The jigheads are some CA made for me..metallic brown...with red olive chenille..Matzuo sickle hook..

ML~~

jiggerjohn

Hmmm, that moose hair sounds interesting ! I've found the base hair of a skunk tail is also quite stiff, and it makes a tremendous weedguard for jigs ;it's similar to the nylon weedguards of basser's "rubber band " lures (don't call them JIGS!!!), but skunk hair yields easily to a fish strike and rarely causes a miss even with light gear!

LRB

jiggerjohn said:
Hmmm, that moose hair sounds interesting ! I've found the base hair of a skunk tail is also quite stiff, and it makes a tremendous weedguard for jigs ;it's similar to the nylon weedguards of basser's "rubber band " lures (don't call them JIGS!!!), but skunk hair yields easily to a fish strike and rarely causes a miss even with light gear!

I have a lifetime supply of moose hair.:rolleyes:.if you want some send me some postage..and I send you a piece...

MaryLou~~

Hawnjigs

KISS
Very creative use of materials and colors!

I like soft - how does badger hair compare to my current favorite rabbit fur?

LRB

Hawnjigs said:
Very creative use of materials and colors!

I like soft - how does badger hair compare to my current favorite rabbit fur?

Badger hair is almost like the texture of silk...very plush !!..

ML~~

Back