Back home

redman

Been a while since I posted. I moved back to Iowa do to some family matters. Hopefully one day I will move back to Texas. Going to start walleye fishing again. Crappie will be fished in the local small lakes and rivers. As will try to start a jig business tying the rock-a-Roo the way it should with the modern flair ( New hook). May be even get down and do some fishing with Quint. Still to early to fish but getting things ready. Watch for pictures when I get going.

All the best to old friends,

Redman

Jig Man

Good to see your still here brother, and hope you can make it back soon. Lookin forward to the pichers and the fishing stories. Betcha they ain't got the perch there that we have here... :)

bucktail

Good luck,,,fishing and great hunting in iowa...my cousin went to Iowa State..
good luck back home

redman

Jig Man miss the white perch already. The walleye will be getting ready to get active shortly. Am three blocks from one of the best spots on the Des Moines river. It's home water for me. Once again will have the opportunity to be a old river rat. Four miles to some of the best catfish water also. It's the very mild temperatures and ability to fish year round that I miss the most.

Redman

Hawnjigs

KISS
So "Home" is still Iowa? Did your missus move too?

What is your updated hook choice? You previously mentioned liking long shanks bent to fit.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Hope the transition back North went as smoothly as possible. It always sounded like you really loved TX so bet it did pull at your heart strings to move away.

Not sure how the weather has been out in Iowa, but our winter here was about as mild of a Northern Ohio winter as i have seen in my 40 years. There are a few guys really itching to get out and fish the walleye run of the Maumee and Sandusky rivers...... but they are still a few weeks too early for it. A couple fish here and there are actually being caught but no decent push of fish yet. I personally do not care for the combat fishing that goes on in the rivers and will wait till they start coming up close to shore in my local reservoirs. Think i am down to my last 2 frozen walleye in the freezer too!!! The walleye bug sure bit me good over the last few years.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about how the jig biz goes for you. I do graphics for print/web/promotion advertising so might be able to help you out (or at least point you in the right direction) if you ever need promotional items or information. If you still talk to Quint, tell him i can engrave pictures on just about what ever he wants now with a new fancy laser engraving toy we got in our shop. He wanted something a while back and i couldn't really do it then, but i lost my note about it.

Back