Baby Crawdad

SaltyBuckster

Well,Salty went out on his first Pa. date yesterday with an ole schoolmate.Met up with some other school classmates and headed to the mountains.No,I refrained myself from bringing a fishing rod or even my Skoal can,Ha.Went up to Poe Valley Lake and was at my old stomping grounds Little Poe stream,caught a little crawdad out of it and was just checking it out.She was like "What are you going to do with that little thing?" I said Oh nothing and let him go.I know why brown and orange is a critical color combo for this area now.Here is what it looked like to me.
DSC09955_zps81685a17.jpg
DSC09957_zps98f4477e.jpg
By the way,The date was just Fantastic !!

smalljaw

I'm glad you enjoyed your date and your jig is awesome!! What color chenille is that? Whatever it is I got to get some because that is super natural and will catch fish anywhere! What did you use to make those red feelers? Nice work!!

SaltyBuckster

smalljaw said:
I'm glad you enjoyed your date and your jig is awesome!! What color chenille is that? Whatever it is I got to get some because that is super natural and will catch fish anywhere! What did you use to make those red feelers? Nice work!!
The chenille is some of Grandpa Bob's Rayon Chenille,Orange #2 size.It is flat and wrapped on that 1/64 oz. jig very nicely.The legs are from Fly Tyers Dungeon,just a pack of like 100 strands of rubber legs.I have lots of colors of them.Seems like they multiply because after 6 years seems that I have more then I strated with,lol.

Jig Man

Congrats on the date... Maybe it went well enough to be able to take a fishing pole next time. Nice jig!

SaltyBuckster

Oh yea,fishing rods will go next time for sure.She loves to fish,so she says,lol.I think that she will soon be saying the she wishes that she would have never said that.

SaltyBuckster said:
I think that she will soon be saying the she wishes that she would have never said that.

Well I can think of a few more that she might be saying as well....
LOL
Doc is alive and doing well...

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good - like the way you got the 'claws' to split too.

For my local craws, would have to swap the orange for some olive but keep that rusty brown.

Back