Baby Bass Craft Fur Jigs

smalljaw

Here is a couple of craft fur jigs I did with some new material I got. The jigs are both 1/16oz with a size #2 sickle hook, the top jig is black while the bottom is watermelon. I tried to have these as the same pattern in 2 different jigs, the top one I used more material to make it fuller to be used alone while the bottom jig I cut back on material and a little less length because these may have a small trailer on them, and by having different color heads with matching thread they will be able to tell the difference at a glance. The bottom color on these is really cool but you can't tell in a picture, it is called black frost and it is dark charcoal at the base and then turns to a gray by the middle and then ends as a silver, really nice stuff. The bottom jig also have UV herring black flash which you can't really see, it has this green/gray hue until light hits it and then it reflects a purple color, I'm thinking this should be a very subtle flash which may help the fish to find the jig in a little off colored water.

DSCN04622_zpsb5d543eb.jpg

Muskygary

Smalljaw, Is this the Microlon craft fur? If not were are you buying your craft fur from?

smalljaw

Thanks guys, I only wish my craft fur jigs could one day get as good as what Pup ties, his look far better but I'm practicing! This is the Extra Select Craft Fur from Hareline Dubbin company, I got it during last months trip to Cabelas, the exception is the new color on the bottom, the black frost, that is actually a craft fur made under the Wapsi brand.

Hawnjigs

KISS
If replica colors have an advantage, those are really close to a live baby bass.

The HD Extra Select seems to have a more glossy sheen and finer fibers than standard craft fur? Are the fibers stronger than natural hairs?

I just got some Microlon black & clear(white), and the flat fibers look larger and feel softer than fine round fiber synthetics. The flash effect is rather subdued, and my best use of it would be as an underbody with a more reflective overtie enhancement.

Back