Automatic Jig Tyer

LedHed

Sponsor
Fishair Inc. came out with the "Professional Fine Winder". This automatic jig tying machine is for the serious tyer. Has a foot speed control for the motor. Looks like it uses a Herter's vise. Even has a dispensing cup for thread finish.

View attachment 6

View attachment 7

View attachment 8

Attachments

• Automatic Jig Tyer 001.jpg
    Automatic Jig Tyer 001.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Automatic Jig Tyer 002.jpg
    Automatic Jig Tyer 002.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Automatic Jig Tyer 003.jpg
    Automatic Jig Tyer 003.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 209

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is a cool looking device... i would most likely cut my finger off in it. :p You ever plug it in and see if the motor still works?

LedHed

Sponsor
Rt - think BLT could use one of these
JM - think they still have a web site - I need to check....
You need one of these Pup, LOL
AF - power cord is too chewed - one of these days. Would have to get a belt for the line winder.

redman

They still make one your is one of the very early designs. This was made for making Fishair jigs. Don't think that it would work on anything but the fishair. Never had one but saw one operated one time. Thought that it was one of those novelties for tying jigs things. Yes I use fishair if you don't have any try a small package the have some interesting colors and it has some good action.

Guess I am very Old School as I like hand tying each jig so it is truly Hand crafted. That why it's call Jig Craft.

Redman

JSC

Yep that is one of the Old Ones .... Some fellows in Hattiesburg tied a lot of Cobia Jigs and King Dusters using one of these in a newer model ... They used a lot of feathers with theirs and it worked fine. At one of our dealer shows they brought it in and demonstrated how they tied them and they used the one with the "Glue" dispenser.

Pup

LedHed said:
You need one of these Pup, LOL

LOL. You're right LH. For as much winding as I do, I really could use one of these. :D :icon14:

Now, did they happen to make automatic whip finishers? ;)

LedHed

Sponsor
DC - this one could have been modified or might be an earlier version. That would be cool to see someone work it.

hookup

I saw Charlie Case's jig tying machine in action. He used an old spinning reel and hand cranked the tie. Set up was similar to your pix, except the reel was the wheel and there was no motor. He used them to tie bucktails for striper.

Would love to see that youtube video of one in action.

toadfrog

LH I think you could use a large O ring for the belt on that or the belt off a junk vacume cleaner . Where in heaven did you dig that dang thing up . Those take some getting used to .

blt

There is a guy in De. where I sell most stuff that uses a machine. Kind of takes the "hand tied" equation out of it IMO.

Back