Auction Info

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, i have talked about it long enough!

I have received several packages of goodies.... blank jigs, blank spinners, powder paint, fur, feathers, flash and more ....from JigCraft members who expressed interest in helping out to raise some money in memory of John Broughton, aka CK3/CrappieKiller3. John was a good friend ( he loved his smallmouth fishing :D ) that i originaly met on crappie.com and he came on board here at JigCraft as a moderator for the jig swap board. He passed away in the fall of 2010 after a fight with cancer.

All money raised by this event will be donated to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital which was one of John's favorite charities. A personal note will also be sent along to his wife to let her know he is not forgotten here.

The scoop: I have all materials and items seperated out into 8 different lots/groups that will be auctioned. I will start posting up listings tomorrow night (Tuesday, 05-17) of the different lots to be auctioned off - i can almost guarantee there is something that everyone will be interested in. Some of the materials were un-marked so i have taken my 'best guess' at the color and type of these individual items.... i can not guarentee all the fur and feathers are listed 100% correct - but they will be close enough for road work. ;)

The auctions will be won by the high bidder and i will ship out all materials to the winner once i get confirmation of payment to me. The payments will then be totaled and one check will be written and sent to St. Judes on behalf of all JigCraft members and in memory of John. If there are any questions at all - feel free to post them here or PM me.

A BIG BIG thank you to all members who donated items. :) Russ

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
papaperch said:
??????? Do we bid on open forum or by PM or email. ????????

Good question! You can't read my mind?? :D

Go ahead and place bids on the forum under the post for that individual lot. I'd say we start out at a minimum of $10.

I have 6 other lots of items that i will post later tonight - getting it all out now to take pics.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
If there are ANY more questions... speak up! I keep thinking i have it all figured out then remember something i meant to do. :s :beat-up: :huh:

Payment: The high bidder will have to pay the amount they bid in order to receive the items. I will send the winners of each auction a PM with details on where and who to send the amount to. The payments will have to be either check or money orders written out to me so i can cash them - lump them together - and write out a donation to St. Jude's on behalf of all members here.

I have also gotten a request from a member who wants to simply donate to St. Jude's along with the money raised with the auctions. :) If you do wish to donate to this fund in memory of CK3, please PM me and i can give you more details!

EDIT: And be sure to watch the date and time that each auction closes!!! I tried to spread them out a little.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
At this point, we have raised over $200 in memory of John - CK3. It is winding down to an end ...........BUT......... I do have one more small grouping of stuff that i will post up tomorrow and see what happens. So keep your eyes open. :)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like all the auctions are sold and complete! :) So far, total promised contributions (with my quick estimate) are going to be around $300!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I will send out info through PM's to all of those who have won austions on how to make your donation and to get information on where i will be sending the auction materials to. If you still wish to make donation to the St. Jude's Childrens Hospital in memory of John.... let me know! I will try to get this to all run through as soon as possibe but there is still time left. ;)

A Big Thank You! is also sent out to fishhunter775 - who contributed a cash donation as well. :)

Back