Attempt at copying a Darter

Liftbite56

View attachment 8The river that feeds my home lake is the Etowah river .. Really it's the beginning of the great Coosa river so famous for the monster spotted bass. The Etowah has a Darter the is on the endangered list ...anyway looked at pictures of that Darter and the Cherokee Darter and tried to do one of each!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 113

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Think you nailed it, but like the profile of the top one better than the 2nd..... guessing it will get better movement .....but maybe those colors will work better? Hard to say, needs some testing. ;)

Lots of darters in my river system also, they are usually the most colorful fish in the river! Crazy mix of mostly green/tan with blue, red, and black spots. Would easily be worthy of fish tank living.

smalljaw

Very nice!!! I agree with Attica, both look great but the smaller profile of the top jig would be my bet on getting number and they are good imitations of darters. We have them in my river system too, I use to think one kind was walleye or musky fry with the black barring and spots until a guide I talked to told me they were some kind of darter. Great job on those, I may have to copy that pattern for myself.!!!

Back