Attachments

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 6

Got a PM from a member that was having trouble loading attachments. Seems to be working ok on my end and couldn't find anything odd in the database... anyone else having any trouble?

Attachments

• 101_1818_e.jpg
    101_1818_e.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 71

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pup - Not sure, didn't think to ask that.

I ran optimizations for all the tables and forums of the database tonight. Can't seem to find a 'red flag' that is tellig me whats up.... more digging around and may have to post a question about it on the forum about the forum software if i can't get it. - Russ

What I found out awhile back when mine would not post was interesting. I put the pictures on my host's server in an image directory. I figure with my web site I have unlimited bandwidth so why fill up Photobucket. Well it drove me nuts why a particular color would not post and then by trial and error I discovered it. It seems that having an ' in the name was keeping it from posting. Don't know why but I removed the ' from the file name and it linked fine. I had the same issue in my shopping cart recently when I was trying to copy all my plastic colors globally to another product and it would stop after a few. Then I changed the names of a few baits from 's to just an s and the whole batch transfer worked.

Radtexan

Im wondering if the question is about posting pictures that have been hosted at a hosting site,or just attaching pics directly from your computer ?

The pic I posted earlier was directly from my PC (it shows attached image) it looks from my end that all the others may have just been hosted and posted ????

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it was a problem with attaching pics directly from a computer, not from a photo hosting site. Pretty sure we got it figured out, turned out to be the actual files... they must have been corrupted or something. Thanks for the responses - definitley helps me to narrow down a problem.

FCBC - You are correct, there are a number of characters that are not considered "web safe" to use in filenames and can cause errors at times. Not positive of all of them, but i know slashes and spaces are also not good with some older browsers. I use only lowercase letters, numbers and underscores, if i need to make a space. If you save them with names like - jigcraft_swap_jig_01.jpg - they will work on any net browser or web server.

baitmaster

Attica,
Thanks again for your help on this. That pic even looks like one of mine from the Shad Swap you hosted on the "other" site.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
No problem baitmaster - that is the New Years Shad Swap jig from CDC. :cool: Going to have to run a shad swap over here, those are one of my favorite sets of jigs.

Back