Asp on tins

Bucho

I lack the killer instict to target C&R species, but VMC team angler Nils is an avid asp angler. I joined him on a trip yesterday. You can think of asp as piscivorous asian carp - they are not even that bad eating but terrribly boney, nothing you want in your fridge as long as you have some walleye/Zander left. On the upside, they are demanding light tackle sport fish with an unpredictable mood and strong fighting will. During summer, they slurp herring fry mashed by the ship propellers and are extremly difficult, but now in autumn we have a very good fishing on flutter jigs and shad spoon tins from the 3/4 cavity. The biggest fish yesterday was 78cm/roughly 10lbs.

33970009nc.jpg

33970011fb.jpg

33970012oe.jpg

33969966qy.jpg

Bucho

Thanks!

What do you know, today we all blanked, at least asp-wise.

HJ they are not that spectacular. The speed of northern pike and the strength of carp but they don`t jump and are not as witty as carp.

hookup

I learned how to back-reel on carp

Asian's know how to make them well; anything with enough garlic and hot chili oil tastes good

Targeted bowfin last weekend. Again, nothing you'd want to eat, but prehistoric fish that are mean. When you try to lip them with a gripper, they try to bite you

Back