Article - 2012-06-04 - hookup

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I recieved a written article from one of our members (hookup) on a certain type of jig he uses frequently explaining all the in's and out's of it. Have wanted to start an article section in the past and this gave me a kick in the pants. :icon14: So - check out the article - thanks hookup!

http://www.jigcraft.com/pdf_files/hookup_2012_06_04.pdf

I have a couple i would like to do myself in the future so also gave it a home on the index of the website where others can be posted in the future. http://www.jigcraft.com/articles.html

hookup

Thanks AtticaFish

Fatman said:
I'd like to see how hookup modified the mold.

Actually pretty easy. My close up photography skills have much to be desired, but I'll describe it.

I placed the hook in the mold & w/ a Sharpie outlined what needed cut up by the eye of the hook & where the shank of the hook sits, and went at it w/ a dremel & a carbite thin cutting tip. On the 1/4 & 3/8, I also needed to open up the cone where the lead gets poured.

JUNGLEJIM1

Great article. I do a lot of river fishing and see where this head would come in handy. That's something I'd like to have. Perhaps work a trade or buy a few. Quality hooks aren't cheap but the results speak for itself.

hookup

LoL - I have modified almost all my molds.

I use to port & polish my own cylinders when I was into 2-stroke motorcycles, so taking off metal's not a problem.

I don't sell them or not in the buis, but always would consider a barter.

StumpHunter

Enjoyed reading your article. Those are some nice looking jigs you make, well done. Congrats on the nice fish you are catching.:)

Back