Arctic fox pelt

gaspumper

What would a full tanned arctic fox pelt be worth? Guy has one for sale "make me an offer" when asked what he wanted for it.This is a white pelt.

Fatman

Gas

Only because I learned A LOT from the lady I bought all my pelts from, she was using them to make fancy teddy bears and they went for big bucks -

A lot depends on it's condition

Is the pelt soft tanned (soft and flexible), or hard tanned where you would have to break it in to get it soft. I've gotten squirrel pelts that I've had to do that to and it takes a bunch of time and while you can make zonker strips, if you dye them they don't stay soft.
Is it the whole pelt face, body, tail and legs? has the bone been removed from the tail and it's soft too?
Prices I've seen on ebay through fur dealers and also several places that I've looked at run from $90 up to a couple of Hundred
Have you had it in your hands? If not you need to get LOTS of pictures

Just for thought - a white arctic fox tail by itself can bring anywhere from $20 to $30 by itself.

This was the first deal I got from her, 2 1/2 pelts, pieces and 3 tails
100_7353.jpg

The second deal was for lime green arctic fox - you can see from this pic what the tanned side looks like
100_7337.jpg

AllenOK

Holy Tanned Skins, Fatman! That's a lot of Fox! How long does it take for you to go through that? I can understand the white; you can use that to dye up other colors.

Fatman

Too LONG!!! but I got all of it for $48!! so there was no way I was turning it down. The lime one I got even more and it was less. I got 10 or 11 dyed rabbit pelts from her too - at $6 each, yeah I bought them. I posted threads on all the ones I got.

I'm at work so I don't have the link - but they carry the full uncut Hairline pelts of some of the two colors, I didn't see the ones you were looking for but I'll post the link tonight and you can see if they have them there.

One thing I'm thinking of trying but still trying to figure a good way not to dunk the entire strip is put some wire through them and try to dye just the tips of the white zonkers, but trying to find the right aluminum pan so I don't waste any dye.

Back