Apple Dumplings

hhawkins

Yep, cooked up some of these yummy things last night...YUM-O!

4 apples
pie dough from the store
FILLING:
1/3 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 teaspoon butter
SYRUP:
2/3 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups water
2 Tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Peel and core apples. roll out dough and cut into 7 inch squares. Place apple in middle of dough and fill apple with FILLING ingredients. bring corners of dough together over apple.
Put all you SYRUP ingredients together in a pot and bring it just to a boil. Pour hot syrup over dumplings. Place in a 400 degree oven and bake for 40 minutes or until apples on inside are soft. Let cool and enjoy!

toadfrog

What time was that you said dinner would be ? Gotta quit leaving out them there invites. LOL

jjsjigs

Banned
Holy Dogcrap, Batman!! I totally LOVE apple dumplings. I just printed off the recipe and I'm on my way to Hurley's Fresh Market to gather up supplies. I have 6" of snow and 3" more on the way. I'm gonna hibernate in the kitchen and bake some yummy goodness.

Right on!!!!

hhawkins

jjsjigs said:
Holy Dogcrap, Batman!! I totally LOVE apple dumplings. I just printed off the recipe and I'm on my way to Hurley's Fresh Market to gather up supplies. I have 6" of snow and 3" more on the way. I'm gonna hibernate in the kitchen and bake some yummy goodness.

Right on!!!!

Yep, Apple Dumpling rank right up there with fried pies....oh man! Good Stuff!

jjsjigs

Banned
Excuse my ignorance... what's a fried pie?

By the way the dumpline came out so good... they were gone before I could take a cellphone pic to show how lovely they turned out. My family has requested another batch this weekend. 'cept my market ran out of APPLES!! Can you believe that?

hunter7711

I tried them also and they were delicious. I still have a couple bushels of golden delicious in the cellar. I can see a lot of them being used up quick.

toadfrog

Come on now ! Your making me hungry. I already have to prop my belly up with a forked stick to keep it from getting wet when I bank fish.

Back