Crazy thick stuff that's about 5 wraps from bend of shank forward

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1455331305968.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455331305968.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 124

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that is some full stuff!. If you wrapped it 5 times............. that might be 4 and a half too many. haha Material looks like it could have potential with all the flash and shine but i would certainly be slimming it down. Thanks for the picture, would have never know what it was jut by the name.

redman

That looks like it could be some fun stuff to work with. I like the black I have a couple of patterns that it would work on.

Redman

Fin and Fur

Yes 1 wrap is plenty top pic.
Bottom pic is marabou tail 2 wraps and 4 small clumps tied over top and around CCT body fur

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1455338803788.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455338803788.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 117
  • uploadfromtaptalk1455338973298.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455338973298.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 115

Pup

Does your Big R Store have a fly tying department? If not, which department (e.g. Sporting Goods, Home, etc.) carried those?  There's a Big R near me that the Wife likes (Crawfordsville, IN) and I could easily talk her into making a trip.  I couldn't find the material online in their web site's database, though I'll continue trying. ;)

Big jigs like big synthetic fur.  My Wife likes Big R too. :)

Muskygary

My Big R doesn't carry it. Looks to me it would be good on a football jig for bass with a plastic trailer on the back.

duffy

Haven't seen it in the ones around here either. Would really make a wooly wooly wooly bugger though. Should go along way.

Fin and Fur

Yeah 9 yrd package use less than inch at a time. Fun stuff to work with for sure. Haven't water tested yet... but monday, I'll give update report.
Big R was a little chain( 4 stores) in Oregon. 2 years ago got bought out by Costal, just changed signage ( last month) but fly tying materials are still in big R labels. Still call it Big R probably always call it that, but it's farm/ranch, sporting good, clothing ect. Costal may have more buying power, I just hope it doesn't loose the old feel that it had.

Fin and Fur

Yeah 9 yrd package use less than inch at a time. Fun stuff to work with for sure. Haven't water tested yet... but monday, I'll give update report.
Big R was a little chain( 4 stores) in Oregon. 2 years ago got bought out by Costal, just changed signage ( last month) but fly tying materials are still in big R labels. Still call it Big R probably always call it that, but it's farm/ranch, sporting good, clothing ect. Costal may have more buying power, I just hope it doesn't loose the old feel that it had.

duffy

The one we had in Moses Lake was originally Ranch & Home, then Big R, now it's Costal also. When they were Ranch & Home they were family owned and had a gunsmith that also worked on fishing reels and they sold guns, ammo and fishing supplies. Also had just about anything you needed for your ranch & home from boot's to barbed wire, tools, plumbing clothing and parts. Now they've made a big swing to equine supplies, gotten rid of most all of the fishing goods and only have a very small amount of ammo. Still have clothing, boots, tools and gardening supplies but it's not like it used to be. It seems the personally owned stores carry a much more diverse supply of goods.

Fin and Fur

I hope it doesn't change out it's sporting goods section they'd be stupid to take it out. They still sell guns and rods and keep restocking shelves. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Muskygary

It would be nice to find out who makes the stuff. Maybe other fly shops sell it, but I haven't seen it.

Fin and Fur

I'll go buy out the rest of their stock and let ya'll know what I get, first come first serve when I figure out how much I get. 1 pack will last a really long time. Actually the olive is not thick as the black.

Fin and Fur

Also yellow and chart up for grabs toadfrog has some his way already

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1456886496790.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1456886496790.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 21

toadfrog

Hey whats the deal I'm supposed to be the sneaky guy . I thank ah gots comptitshun .
Nope ain't used it .

Back