Anybody Tying Saltwaters ??

SaltyBuckster

Anybody interested in tying up some 3/4 oz. bucktails??I have tyed over a pound of them and am running out of ideas.Flounder season is just around the corner.Here's a couple of the latest ideas.The only proven one is the Baby Bunker,3/4 oz. Wedgehead with a 3/0 Eagle Claw 635 hook.All of these jigs are the same head size.I threw in a 2 oz. "H" jig for size comparison.

toadfrog

I have a few head styles . Used to do more buck tail than anything . Got into crappie plastics It started taking all my time just on one lure. I had a mold made for. But I think I could still do some buck tail jigs .View attachment 7View attachment 8 Not sure how many molds I have in 3/4 oz.

Attachments

• Old MOLD NEW JIG LIFE 001.jpg
    Old MOLD NEW JIG LIFE 001.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 45
  • raw heads big hooks.jpg
    raw heads big hooks.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 45

toadfrog

My friend those two big one are about 6 0z. I haven't weighed them . I made some up once to go to Canada . Pop eyes go to 1oz , wall eye or wedge heads go I think to 5/8 , the nugget goes to a 1/2 (weiner style) . Ultra minnow not pictured goes up to 5/8 , And foot ball heads go up to 1/0z . Got another mold that does a round head if I can find it does around 1/2 oz I think. Just went to the Doc myself May get the same orders as you . They took enough blood I felt like juice and cookies were in order. Already told me I needed to look for another line of work out of Health Care.

Back